. Terms And Conditions Of Warranty
- Parts are defined as mechanical/electrical parts only.
- Proof of date of purchase must be supplied.
- To qualify for free parts they must be fitted under instruction by appointed Shoreline engineer.
- Any attempts to modify or repair an appliance by an unauthorised person will render all warranties invalid.
- A charge will be made for a reported fault that transpires to be due to misuse or misinstallation.
- Shoreline retains the right to invalidate the warranty in the event of physical or verbal abuse towards any member of staff.
- Warranties in whole or part are not transferable.
- The provision of services under the warranty neither extends the term of the warranty nor sets in motion a new warranty period. The warranty period for spare parts fitted ends with the expiry of the warranty on the appliance as a whole. The warranty remains effective from the date of purchase.
- On the occasion that a product is over 2 years old* and is considered to be beyond repair, or uneconomical to repair, then we will offer a replacement appliance and charge an appropriate monetary offset in respect of the period of use already enjoyed.
- Warranties apply in the UK and ROI only.
. What Is Not Covered?
- Transport damage for which Shoreline is not responsible.
- Improper installation and assembly.
- Improper use including where an appliance has been used in a non recommended environment, or poor maintenance, or failure to observe the operating instructions.
- Faults due to accidental damage or misuse.
- Damage caused by the appliance coming into contact with unsuitable materials.
- Claims in respect of compensation for consequential loss, except where such liability is legally mandatory.
- Consumables and cosmetic parts such as glass shelves, seals, door storage, door handles and catches, cosmetic parts, baskets, trays, etc.